Improve your performance, protect your brain and upgrade your sleep.
The 3-pack consists out of all three BrainBullets products. The three formulas are designed specifically to be taken together daily. The formulas complement each other and work in synergy. The 3-pack is the ultimate addition to your lifestyle.
Caffeine improves several measurements of cognitive performance such as attention, alertness and working memory.
L-Tyrosine is a natural amino acid and is the dietary precursor of dopamine, a neurotransmitter important for alertness and focus. L-tyrosine prevents the decrease in cognitive task performance under physically or mentally challenging conditions or sustained wakefulness.
L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea has been shown to promote relaxation. L-theanine in combination with caffeine improves cognitive measurements such as attention to a greater extend then when caffeine is taken alone.
- Juneja, L. (1999). L-theanine—a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 10(6-7), 199-204.
- Kahathuduwa, C. N., Dassanayake, T. L., Amarakoon, A. M., & Weerasinghe, V. S. (2016). Acute effects of theanine, caffeine and theanine–caffeine combination on attention. Nutritional Neuroscience, 20(6), 369-377.
DMAE is a naturally occurring nutrient that stimulates production of acetylcholine, the primary neurotransmitter involved in memory and learning.
Vitamin B6 serves as a coenzyme in a variety of enzymatic reactions in the metabolism of amino acids, lipids and neurotransmitter biosynthesis. Vitamin B6 reduces tiredness and fatigue and can help maintain cognitive health in ageing.
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal neurological and psychological functions. In addition, it has been shown to reduce tiredness and fatigue
Guarana extract is made from the seeds of a vine which grows in the Amazon basin and is especially common in Brazil. Guarana extract improves cognitive performance and reduces mental fatigue associated with sustained mental effort.
Citicoline is a cognitive enhancing and neuroprotective compound that improves attention and psychomotor speed. It is important for neuron structure and aids in neuronal membrane repair.
Blueberry extract contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds such as flavonoids and anthocyanins. The overall reduced risk of cognitive decline that has been observed with higher intakes of fruit and vegetables is likely attributable to a higher intake of flavonoids.
Alpha lipoic acid is a natural neuroprotective compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It improves mitochondrial function and elevates the activities of antioxidants such as vitamin E.
Low vitamin D3 levels are associated with increased rates of cognitive impairment and increased risk for neurodegenerative disease. Vitamin D3 supplementation has been shown to improve visual memory.
Vitamin E is a plant-derived antioxidant that is important for neurological health. Vitamin E protects neurons from damage through its anti-oxidant properties.
Vitamin K2 is found in all brain regions is important for neuronal cell structure. It protects the brain from oxidative stress and inflammatory processes, two phenomena that are associated with age associated neurodegenerative diseases.
Melatonin is natural compound produced in the brain that reduces the time to fall asleep and improves sleep quality.
L-Tryptophan is a natural amino acid that supplies the brain with building blocks for the production of essential sleep regulatory molecules such as serotonin and melatonin.
L-theanine is a natural constituent of green tea that reduces stress and anxiety.
Magnesium is an essential dietary mineral which is often deficient. Magnesium improves subjective measures of insomnia such as improved sleep efficiency, sleep time and sleep latency. In addition, magnesium can increase melatonin levels.
- Abbasi, B., Kimiagar, M., Sadeghniiat, K., Shirazi, M. M., Hedayati, M., & Rashidkhani, B. (2012). The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences : The Official Journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, 17(12), 1161–1169.
Vitamin B6 is important for the production of serotonin and melatonin. Both serotonin and melatonin are important signaling molecules in the sleep regulatory system.
- Hyo Young Jung. (2017). Pyridoxine improves hippocampal cognitive function via increases of serotonin turnover and tyrosine hydroxylase, and its association with CB1 cannabinoid receptor-interacting protein and the CB1 cannabinoid receptor pathway. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) – General Subjects. Volume 1861, Issue 12.
Zinc is an essential dietary trace element that is needed for the production of melatonin. Zinc in combination with melatonin and magnesium has been shown to improve sleep latency, sleep quality and total sleep time.
- Rondanelli, M., Opizzi, A., Monteferrario, F., Antoniello, N., Manni, R. and Klersy, C. (2011), The Effect of Melatonin, Magnesium, and Zinc on Primary Insomnia in Long-Term Care Facility Residents in Italy: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 59: 82–90.